Sunday, November 6, 2011

Less interesting book

Another book I'm reading, or trying to read, is far from recommendable. Ulysses by James Joyce. I'm reading it because it's on the 1001 list. (I know, I know.) I got it on audio and it lasts FOREVER. Seriously, it just goes on and on and on and on. Each track is about half an hour long and there are 64 of them. o_O I could only do this on audio. I don't mean to offend any Irishmen reading this, but, sheesh. I hope they don't make you read the whole thing in school. I know it's supposed to be an amazing classic, but it's mostly just boring me to tears. I'm now at track 25 and I can hardly find anything at all to keep my interest. And there are forty more tracks!! :-o At least there's a mention here and there of a Dublin street that I remember walking along, otherwise I might almost be tempted to throw in the towel.

I know, I know ...

No comments: