Monday, April 18, 2011

A favorite book

Golden Witchbreed by Mary Gentle.

I basically never reread books - there are so many books in the world, and among them so many that I want to read, that I just don't have the time to go back and read 'old' books over again. But sometimes I make an exception. Right now I'm rereading this amazing novel ... beyond amazing, stunning, fantastic. A science fiction story on a relatively low tech world. Aliens and alien culture. Incredible worldbuilding. I loved this book so much the first time I read it, and now it's been long enough since I did that I can go back to it and hopefully not remember that much. :-)

For my part, I prefer aliens that look alien. Then when they ritually eat their firstborn, or turn arthropod halfway through their life-cycle, it isn't so much of a shock. You expect it. Humanoid aliens, they're trouble.
Lynne de Lisle Christie, envoy of the Dominion of Earth to
Carrick V

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I read that book a couple of years ago, and I plan to re-read it soon. :-)