Monday, May 24, 2010

GERMANY 2010 - Satellite

Ending on a high note ... !!! :-D

I am SO impressed with Germany this year, I can't even tell you. I love it!! :-D The Germans are such an important nation in Europe in so many ways, but it's like they've never really figured the ESC out ... they send songs that either suck or are really good but just totally wrong for the contest. :-) But this year, wow!!! This year they've just got it all 100% right.

There's really nothing bad I can say about this entry - it's just so fantastic in so many ways. A wonderful melody, great lyrics, melodious and pretty and fun all at the same time ... the singer's so great, she's so charming and pretty and has a wonderful voice with lots of character. I love her accent when she's singing. :-) The song is both original and catchy, that's a feat. The only thing I don't love about this entry is that it's been written by non-Germans ... the team behind it is Danish/American. Oh well, you can't have everything. I would have loved for this to have been a truly German production, but regardless of who wrote it, it's a fantastic song and I totally love it. :-)

I know I'm rooting for Armenia this year - it is my favorite entry, and I would love to see the contest go to Yerevan one year ... so why shouldn't they win this year, because they have a song now that would really deserve it. But I'm not sure that I can honestly say that it's the best song - I think that honor may quite possibly belong to Germany. And if we'll be tuning in to Berlin a year from now, I will not be the least bit surprised. :-)

This is Lena Meyer-Landrut performing Satellite by Julie Frost and John Gordon. They will be competing for Germany in the final on Saturday, May 29th. It's generally not a good thing for an entry to only be heard once, but this song is so good and the singer so charming that it probably won't matter. :-)



Lyrics here.

1 comment:

KAS said...

Definitely agree! I liked the German song last year as well (hello, ringtone!), but this year they might actually have a chance... :-)