Wednesday, May 12, 2010

DENMARK 2010 - In A Moment Like This

I am torn about the Danish entry this year. I like it ... I've been listening to it quite a lot, it's great as, well, pleasant background music. ;-) So I'm kind of hard pressed to find something to find something bad to say about this song ... it's the kind of entry that I can really say nothing much against, but on the other hand it doesn't have much in the way of personality or originality either. It's a completely standard pop song, and while there's nothing wrong with that as such, 'pleasant background music' isn't really what tends to garner the points in this contest.

The one word I would use to describe this song would probably be 'safe' ... if I was able to use just one word. ;-)

Ooh, there is one negative thing I can say about it, actually. The stage names of the performers are totally lame-brained ... especially his. Seriously, give us some credit.

This is Chanée and N'Evergreen - yeah, right - performing In A Moment Like This by Henrik Sethsson, Erik Bernholm and, take note, Thomas G:son. Bringing out the big guns, but not to much effect. I would actually kind of like to see this song do really really well, because it was originally entered in Sweden, but wasn't accepted there, the Swedish selection jury didn't like it. And then it won in Denmark. :-D So it would be fun if it placed really well, but, meh, it won't.



Go here to see it in full screen ... or anything other than partial screen. :-)

Lyrics here.

No comments: