Monday, October 26, 2009

Dilemma

I don't approve of paparazzi stalking celebrities - far from it, I think it's disgusting and that there should be some legal restrictions on that sort of activity - and I generally don't think it's healthy that people are so eager to see the pictures that result. *cough* Can you spot the key word in that paragraph ... ?

Because of course while I am uninterested in most celebrities, I don't always live up to my own standards. Because while paparazzi stalkers are bad people, without at least some photographers wasting their talent (such as it is), I wouldn't get to see pictures like this one.

Yup, it's a dilemma alright. o_O

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

LOL well he doesn't seem to mind in that picture. The ones I protest are the ones where the celebrity does not want to be photographed and/or looks like a train wreck, but is being hounded anyway. When he's just standing there, apparently posing, and definitely looking beautiful, where's the harm in snapping a photo?

Leisha Camden said...

I do see what you're saying, and I agree, as far as it goes ... this particular photo in itself certainly isn't intrusive, as such. He's just standing there and he seems very relaxed, just waiting around. But that's a big reason why I picked this picture for this post, too ... I have others which make me really cringe. The type of thing you mention in your comment. But it seems we can't have one without the other. And where do we draw the line? Certainly the paparazzi as a group seem unable to even grasp the concept of such a line ...