Wednesday, September 16, 2009

She's back ... !!!

OK, after all that seriousness and political analysis and so on, it's time for something a bit lighter. Something else that I'm psyched about, besides the election results. :-) Check this out (and click to enlarge!!):

Yes, Lisbeth Salander is back! Or she will be in two days, anyway. Oh, I can't hardly wait!! The first movie was so cool, I loved it, even though it of course wasn't perfect and the book is better. I mean, obviously. That pretty much goes without saying. And I'm sure it's true for this second part of the trilogy too, but I still strongly doubt whether I'm going to be as displeased with The Girl Who Played With Fire as this reviewer was. A reviewer whose opinions I can't possibly take seriously, when she actually doesn't understand why a great many women everywhere would be eager to jump in the sack with almost any character played by Michael Nyqvist. (I mean, come on, look at the guy. ;-)

I am all over the place excited about seeing this movie; it opens on Friday (this time we're getting the same premiere date as the Swedes, so yay :-) but, alas, I won't get to see it then ... Friday is the annual 'Culture Night' here in Oslo and there's way too much cool stuff going on for me to waste any time in a movie theater. I mean, sorry, but there it is. The movie's going to be the same the next day. And if I'm lucky I'll get to see the movie on the Opera roof on Saturday - this weekend sees the second annual Bookfest in the Opera, and this will be their Saturday night screening. Absolutely free of charge. Anne Ida and I plan to be there in plenty of time. :-)

In the meantime, here's the trailer. Lookin' pretty damn good IMO. My translation is below.



THE BIGGEST NORDIC MOVIE SUCCESS CONTINUES
-If you ever touch me again, I’m going to kill you. Is that understood?
-There are some patients who ought to be in care facilities, instead of moving freely in our society.
LISBETH, 28, WANTED FOR THREE MURDERS
LISBETH, AGED 28, SUSPECTED OF TRIPLE HOMICIDE
-You think she’s guilty too, don’t you?
-I’m not saying anything.
-She’s in a lot of trouble, isn’t she?
-She’s in a hell of a lot of trouble.
-I’m going to come up with evidence. I’m going to come up with an alternative killer, and I’m also going to write an article that you and your colleagues are going to find pretty hard to swallow.
A FILM BY DANIEL ALFREDSON
NOOMI RAPACE
MICHAEL NYQVIST
STIEG LARSSON’S THE GIRL WHO PLAYED WITH FIRE
-I’m going to find her before the police do, I’m going to stand by her side till the end. I owe her that.
IN THEATERS SEPTEMBER 18TH.


And here's another trailer type thing ... it doesn't look entirely official but it has more footage, anyway.

No comments: