Wednesday, August 5, 2009

GEORGIA 2007: Sopho - Visionary Dream

Hey, you know there has to be one every month. And this month, well, I won't have as many chances as I normally would to present you with one of my past favorites. You'll see. ;-)

Georgia debuted in the ESC with this song. It's a really good song in this context ... it's original and unusual, and the singer performed it well. They did pretty well too, they ended up 12th in the final. Hey, just getting to the final isn't a given. :-) KAS really dug this song, she was rooting for it the whole night and was determined to have it win. Alas. :-)

This is Sopho Khalvashi performing Visionary Dream by Beqa Jafaridze and Bibi Kvachadze (I love Georgian names!! :-D) - they competed for Georgia in Helsinki on May 10th and 12th, 2007.



Lyrics here.

1 comment:

Torgny said...

Hey, I remember this song. I even seem to recall it being one of my favourites at the time. I thought (and think) there's something Björkesque about it. And the singer doesn't look too shabby, either...

PS. I hadn't started my blog at the time, but in case anyone's interested, here are my personal reviews of ESC 08 and 09, respectively.