Saturday, June 6, 2009

Warsaw 2009: Stare Miasto revisited

If you remember my last post on Warsaw's Old Town (although, granted, it was quite a while ago ;-) I mentioned that the city suffered enormous damage in WWII, but that it was rebuilt, and that the job of reconstruction is showed off very impressively in the Stare Miasto. Wandering around its maze of streets and looking at its gorgeous facades it was hard to believe that the entire place was a ruin 60 years ago. In today's post I will show off some of those facades. Especially from Rynek Starego Miasta, the Old Town Square. There were soo many beautiful houses there, I could hardly stop looking. :-) Everywhere I turned my gaze there was some new lovely detail to be discovered. :-) Enjoy.

Not every facade is equally impressive, perhaps ... but still interesting. ;-)

Rynek Starego Miasto by night. I am soo happy with this shot. :-)

More pictures from Stare Miasto here.

2 comments:

Sunder said...

Tag, you're it!Open your FIRST photo folder.Now find the TENTH picture.Post that picture on your blog and then tell us the story of the picture!The tag FIVE friends and have them do the same!

PS - Love the pics!! Beautiful buildings (Vegas does not have any of this) :(

Leisha Camden said...

I've been tagged!! Thank you!! :-D Cool - I'll try to do this this coming week. I've already found the picture. :-)

I'm not surprised to hear that Vegas' skyline differs from Warsaw's ... ;-) There aren't really any buildings like these in Oslo either. But that's one of the great things about travelling, isn't it. :-)