Monday, April 6, 2009

I have a will of iron.

OK, so, remember two weeks ago when I posted about Keanu being on the cover of one of the Voguespawn and how I just had to get hold of that magazine? And I said that I'd been to the newsagent where I thought I'd be most likely to find a copy, but they didn't have it? Well, on Thursday I stopped by another branch of the same chain, and guess what I found there ... !?!

Like, OMG. Squee!! But get this: I didn't buy it. :-o So hah! I can so resist temptation. My friends mock me (most recently on Friday - Dag-Erling & K, I'm looking at you) but my willpower is as that of ten because my heart is pure. So there. >:-)

I didn't buy it in the store, because I'd already bought it on eBay.

But! These had not arrived yet on Thursday!!

Yes, there are two copies ... because I got one English-language and one of the French original. Hey, they'll be collectors' items one day. *cough* I also got a copy of that issue of Details that I somehow managed to miss that had that really great interview where they went looking for the perfect sandwich but the deli was closed on Mondays. Really good interview. *cough*

In other news, my water bottle's gone. :-( Bwaah! It's a mystery. It was here when I left on Friday (I think I was the last to leave the building; if not, I was definitely one of the very last, and I locked the door to the store behind me) and then when I got here at 8am this morning it was gone. o_O Not that it's such a big deal, but it was a really great water bottle. I got it as a gift from Oslo Water and Sewage Works when I went on one of their rat safaris back in September ... which is a story for another blog post ... and it was really cool, it was blue with white text on the side - H2Oslo. :-D It'd been to Egypt with me and everything. :-( So I don't like losing it. I don't even have a picture. I'm sad. :-( But seriously, it isn't a big deal in and of itself, but what is a much bigger deal is that I think it's worrying that I apparently can't leave something on my desk over the weekend and expect to find it there when I come back. What if I'd forgotten my cell phone, would someone have pinched that too? >:-(

I think I'll talk to my boss about this when he's back from vacation next week.

10 comments:

KAS said...

Sorry you lost that fab bottle! I've lost mine too. trilltrall borrowed it and I do believe he managed to leave it at the gym...

Leisha Camden said...

Aw, that sucks. I feel bad for us. :-( If I don't get mine back - I sent out a mass email to everyone in the building, asking for help in solving this Easter mystery - I'm going to email the Water & Sewage people to see if they have another one lying around. Maybe I'll ask for two? :-)

trilltrall left yours at the gym?? Bad trilltrall!! >:-(

K said...

Hey, Leisha, I did not mock you at all, I was empathizing:) As you know I have my own hang ups, and to mock you would be like throwing grenades in a green house. Keanu Reeves is a perfectly understandable target for such attention, IMO.

Leisha Camden said...

Yes, that is true, you do have your own issues to deal with. ;-) But hey, that's just healthy - it means we have rich inner lives, right? ;-)

I was thinking of something: have you guys seen Street Kings? If not, maybe we could watch that too on Thursday ... ?

K said...

Well, bring it, and we'll just literally have to see:)

Leisha Camden said...

LOL! I will! :-D

Rose Johnston said...

See I married too young (and very happily BTW), if only I had of waited *sigh* lol!!!!!!

Lina said...

Wow you're will power when resisting temptation is even worse then mine!
And I thought I got bonkers around Hugh Jackman. What do you mean a life size cardboard cutout is going to far? ;-)

Leisha Camden said...

Mmmmm ... life size cardboard cutout ...

o_O

Leisha Camden said...

Rose: I think you did the right thing. ;-)