Thursday, May 15, 2008

FINLAND: Teräsbetoni - Missä miehet ratsastaa

This sounds like a ripoff. The basic melody sounds just like some other song that escapes me right now.

Anyway: WTF? Finland, get real! The same song doesn't win twice in a row! When one type of song wins one year, then it will be several years before it has any kind of chance again. I like this song, but hello. Lordi did this two years ago. Been there, done that, so now Europe's looking for something else. There were Lordi clones in the contest last year too - Czech? - and they did so badly, and a totally different song won. This won't do well, I don't think, regardless of what the song is like. It's kind of embarrassing that they're trying this again, literally three years in a row.

I kind of like this song - I think :-) - and I love that they're singing in Finnish. That rocks. But I think the ship has sailed for this one.


http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=coqzybde4Yg


http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j1EELK7KLlE

No comments: